Pages

22 January 2009

Parrots have a sense of humor

It would appear that a bird, a parrot to be exact, was having some fun by imitating the referee's whistle during a match.

What the parrot surely did not realize was that it was a seven goal shoot-out between Hatfield Town and Hertford Heath in which every call could have tipped the balance.

Accorinding to an article in the Telegraph the bird (and its owner) had to be banished from the football ground by the referee.

The article goes on to quote referee Gary Bailey, who it would appear, also has a pretty good sense of humor,

"I've never known anything like it in my football career. It was a big game and there were quite a lot of people there. This woman was standing right by the touchline and suddenly unveiled a big cage with this big green parrot in it. I didn't mind at first. But then every time I blew my whistle the bird made exactly the same sound. The players all stopped so I had to ask her to move the parrot. It was bizarre. The crowd were all laughing. Looking back I should have made far more of it and got out my red card to show to the parrot."

No comments: