Pages

10 January 2009

Former AJC Soccer Writer has a New Shtick

As a follow up to my earlier “where in the world is Carmen…I mean Wendy Parker?” post, I wanted to let fans of the now retired “Off the Ball” segment know that she has moved on to greener pitches.

Wendy is trying her hand at digital journalism over at Ink-Drained Kvetch. According to Wendy's "about me" segment,
"after 25 years in the newspaper business, I have left it to pursue new opportunities in journalism. As of Sept. 1, 2008, I have accepted a buyout from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, where I worked for nearly 19 years, mainly as a sportswriter. For the last four years, I was a producer and editor on the AJC’s website (ajc.com), where I got a chance to reinvent my career."

I caught up with Wendy today via post comment and she mentioned that she may dip back in to some soccer writing in the near future. Until then, enjoy her current stuff.

No comments: