Pages

20 January 2009

DVD Review - History of the MLS Cup



Awesome DVD - period. I've got to admit, I really didn't know what to expect when I popped History of the MLS Cup in to the old DVD player.

Frankly, the MLS Cup is a match that barely registers on the radar down here in Atlanta, so it's typically only the die hard fans, such as yours truly, who tune in to the match with conviction.

I already own "Game Breakers: The Stars of Major League Soccer" - a video with a rockin' soundtrack, some really good interviews, and excellent highlights - so I figured MLS had set the bar fairly high for their DVD productions, and with History of the MLS Cup, I was not disappointed.

They video tracks the cup from the absolute monsoon that was the 1st MLS Cup in 1996 through to 2007's Dynomic Dwayne De Rosario's second half header to deliver back to backs for Houston.

Impressive locker room footage, great camera angles of all the major goals and fantastic game winning saves (I'm looking at you Tony Meola and Pat Olmstead), make this one a must have for any American soccer fan's collection.

Thumbs up from me.

Buy it now from Amazon.com:


Check out all of our Soccer DVDs at Gruff's Soccer Store by amazon.com.

No comments: