Pages

21 July 2008

Took the Night Off to see The Dark Knight

Don’t worry – I’m not going to get in the habit of hijacking my football blog to do movie reviews. But after seeing The Dark Knight tonight – I’ve got to say...man.

I’m not going to write any spoilers for my footy fans, but I’ll say this – do NOT take the kids to go see this one. There is nothing here for children. It is dark...I’m talking Unforgiven, Heart of Darkness dark. It’s a disturbing movie, exhilarating but I can assure you, the level of psychological violence packed in these two and half hours is enough to make anyone want a shot of Basil Hayden to take the edge off.

Of course Christian Bale is still the most kick ass batman in history, and you always knew the late Heath Ledger was going to be an eerily psychotic joker, but after it was all said and done, Aaron Eckhart was the guy who blew me away.

I’ll leave it at that and get back to the business of football tomorrow. I think I’m going to have another shot.

No comments: